Your experience on this site will be improved by allowing cookies
The CIFA Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) diploma is an in-depth, entry-level diploma, written by native English teachers, designed to give candidates a structured e-learning programme that advances their knowledge and understanding of planning, delivering, assessing and evaluating lessons; these are all critical components for continuing professional development (CPD) within the EFL (English as a Foreign Language) world. Having a good understanding of these aspects is vital when working within the education profession.
This 140-hour online course prepares participants for roles teaching English to speakers of other languages, of all ages, whether overseas, in the UK or online. The current global demand for learning to speak English is currently estimated to be 1.5 billion people - there has never been a better time to join this fast-growing profession!
All CIFA students receive a secure, personal profile page with a QR code and video resumé to make their CV stand out from the crowd.
Our comprehensive, optional, study support package includes PowerPoints, live webinars and pre-recorded videos. All exams are conducted online and are fully proctored through artificial intelligence to protect their integrity.
The course prepares candidates to:
• plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of students
• plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate activities, assessment tasks and examinations
• mark and provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
• design, prepare and produce original materials, including audio and visual resources
• attend and contribute to continuing professional development (CPD) sessions
• undertake administrative tasks including student registers, attendance records and mark books
This diploma is suitable for those with minimal expertise and those already active in the EFL environment. Undertaking the CIFA Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) diploma will enhance your professional understanding and allow you to teach students in the UK, overseas and online.